Scitronics for Metal Detector l Belt Scale
The downtime and the repairs to crushers due to damage by tramp metal are costly. That's why plant managers and engineers consider tramp metal detectors an essential addition to their conveyor lines.
SciTronics detectors are designed to find tramp while scanning products such as highly mineralized or magnetic ores (including magnetite and pyrites) even when conveyed on steel cable belts, as well as copper, nickel, aluminium, aggregates, coal, rubber, wood chips, sinter and tar sands. They can also be used in recycling plants to detect tramp among plastic, glass or paper.
The electrical conductivity of materials conveyed through the SciTronic sensor area is measured by detecting variations in a pulsed electronic field. Since magnetic and conductive properties of any material are independent, both magnetic and non-magnetic metals are detected.
Contact us to see how it pays to install the right metal detector, the first time!
- Detects both ferrous and non-ferrous tramp
- Immune to temperature and humidity effects
- Sensitivity threshold to detect tramp
on metallic splices
- Can detect tramp from 1’’x1’’x1’’ depending
- Conveyor velocity from 6ft./min. to 1200 ft./min
- Splice detector available
- Mono or dual coil available
- Canadian National dealer network for local support
- Delay alarm
- Duration alarm
- Sensitivity scale factor
- Splice Detector Duration and Threshold
- Iron, Nickel, Aluminium and Molybdenum Ores
- Iron pellets
- Wood chips
- Tar sands